Class I or grade I stockings are usually worn when:
· For a feeling of tired and heavy legs
· Early venous insufficiency (weakness)
· Mild varicose veins without pronounced oedema
· For varicose veins in pregnancy
· For so called “spider veins”
· After sclerosis of varicose veins
Travel socks, Maternity socks, Everyday Socks, Sports socks also come under the category of compression class I the only difference being the interval between the graduation is large as compared to the closely graduated medical compression stockings. This is the reason the preventive socks looks and feels like a pair regular socks.